2-3 lb Large Cut Roast (I used Bone In Pork)
1/4tsp Sea Salt (Optional Step. See Options)
1/4tsp Ground Pepper (Optional Step. See Options)
1T Flour (Optional Step. See Options)
1.5T Butter (Optional Step. See Options)
1c Apple Cider (I used Essential Value)
1 + 1/2 Beef Broth Cubes
1 + 1/2c Water
1 Brown Gravy PACKET
1 Onion Soup PACKET
1T Fresh Garlic, minced
2tsp Dried Parsley
1/2tsp Allspice (Cinnamon may work)
2c: Carrots, Potatoes, Onions
1c: Celery, Mushrooms (1-2c), Frozen Peas (Add Peas Last Hour)
Cube Meat (Keep Bones, if any.). Mix Flour, Salt, Pepper, and Meat. Add Butter or Oil to Pan. LIGHTLY Brown the meat. Add Meat to Crock. Add rest of ingredients to Crock. Cook on High 1 Hour, then Low for 4-6 Hours.
– MEAT OPTION: You can SKIP Flour/Salt/Peppering/Browning the Meat. Just BUTTER Crock and add all to Crock, don’t cut up. Also, if you DO cut up, if your large cut contains Bone… ADD IT, for additional Awesome Flavoring!
– Instead of Cinnamon or All Spice, Try Jamaican Seasoning to give this a Twist. If using Jamaican, try substituting Potatoes for Sweet Potatoes!
– VEGI Options are Optional.
– I used 2c Water+2Cubes and 1+1/2c Apple Cider. Family loved it, but, I thought it could be tastier with a little less fluids. So, this recipe, I scaled back. Other option was to just add 1 more Broth Cube.
Great Fall Time Man-wich! Get your Eat On!
1.5 lb PORK Roast (Or More)
2c Apple Cider (Essential Everyday 100% Juice-Apple CIDER)
2 Beef Broth Cubes, crushed
1/4tsp Hickory Liquid Smoke
1.5-2tsp Brown Sugar (I did 2)
1tsp Cinnamon Powder (Don’t Skip!)
1/4tsp Garlic Powder
3/4 Med. Onion
1/2T Garlic Cloves, minced
1/3c Reserved Crock Juices (After Cooking), or more to taste
1/4-1/3c HONEY BBQ Sauce (Later adding)
Buns of Choice
Tay’s Mustard Sauce (Recipe below. Great Flavor Combo, try it!)
Butter Flavor Cooking Spray Crock Pot. Add, and stir, Apple Cider, Broth Cubes, Smoke, Sugar, Cinnamon, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onions, and minced Garlic in Crock. Cook on Low 6-8 hours. Shred Meat. Reserve 1/3c Cooked Juices. Toss rest of Juice (OR SAVE for serving time sandwich DIPPING!).
Mix together 1/3c Reserved Juices with the Honey BBQ Sauce. Add Shredded Meat to Crock. Stir in BBQ Mixture. Cook on Warm or Low for 15-20 minutes. Serve on Buns with a drizzle of Tay’s Mustard Sauce (Recipe right below).
Leftovers are great on Soft Shell with: Tay’s Mustard Sauce, Sour Cream, Salsa, and Cheese.
Tay’s MUSTARD SAUCE Recipe:
1/4c Regular Mustard
1/2tsp Brown Sugar
1/2T White Vinegar
1tsp Lemon Juice
1/4tsp Garlic Powder
1/4tsp Onion Powder
1/4tsp Chipotle Powder
1/8tsp Sea Salt
– CHECK OUT OUR Other Post: Get the Most of Your Roast- HERE
Posted in Main Dish O' Food, Marinades, Sauces, & Spices, Recipes
Tagged apple cider, crock pot, crockpot, fall, game day recipes, get the most of your roast, manwiches, pork